Advertise for Free COMPLETELY FREE

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Why Meditating


Meditation is one of the gifts of God to mankind. Meditation is life enriching. This article is about the importance of meditation. But do not give up when you see that I seem to talk other things. I wish to give you an outline of how I got into meditation.

I faced life difficulties for many years. These difficulties originated from my family. When I married I got even more problems. I later became depressed. I struggled with depression for 15 years and I had almost given up on life. Each day I yearned for death, but because of my Christian background I could not commit suicide. Suicide in God’s eyes is evil. Committing suicide is taking life and life is sanctity. So I struggled on. I used to cry day in and day out. During my self-improvement programme I learnt about meditation but I was not sure of how to conduct it. So one day I was in town and I saw a sign calling people to attend meditation classes. I was tempted to try it. The meditation was conducted by foreigners, but I trusted them. I attended meditation classes for two months. I stopped meditation classes because they were very expensive. However, I continued to practice it. After three months, I started to get changes in my life. Previously I used to sleep for less than 4 hours a day. I would then sleep for more than four hours. I was motivated and carried on. As I continued my sleeping time increased. Now after two years of meditation I can sleep for more than 8 hours. I am happy because 8 hours is the least encouraged time to sleep. More results came into my life. I used be irritated and easily fight with people. Then I started to be calmer and empathized with other people. I have enjoyed a lot up to now.

Now let me give you more benefits of meditation:
Meditation is a cure for insomnia. Insomnia simply means difficulties in sleeping.
It reduces stress. Every day we have a lot of busy schedules. We have hectic lives. So stress builds up within us. By meditation we reduce stress levels each and every day. And this has a cumulative effect.
Meditation reverses depression. I was in the suicidal mode of depression, but now I am stress free. I am depression free.
It helps to emotionally stabilize someone. I am very calm these days. Something I never did in the past.

With meditation you spend much of your time in the present, not the past nor the future. This has the ability to reverse health conditions related to stress and depression.
Meditation creates meaning and hope in your life. When you see the power of meditation you see the power of God.

The time you spend in meditation you feel a wonderful sensation beyond explanation. How can you explain the sensation you have during a romantic session? So how can I be able to explain how you feel during meditation? That is magical and I believe it is God’s gift to mankind. We have to learn meditation to enjoy it. But I can’t explain the sensation so wonderful you get into. However, you have that sensation if you can now meditate effectively.
The above are the benefits of meditation I can confirm, from my own personal experience.
  • I have heard of many other benefits, but I cannot testify these myself.
  • It is said that meditation helps in the following others ways:
  • It helps someone to increase the concentration span.
  • It helps in reducing the aging process.
  • And it boosts the immune system.
  •  

Now the ball is in your own court to learn more about meditation. In one of my blogs I will show you how to meditate, in very simplified manner. Enjoy your day and meditate on the importance of meditation.




No comments:

Post a Comment