Advertise for Free COMPLETELY FREE

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Simple Meditation Method


If you have not read the first part of this write up then, go back and read it. The other part is Benefits of Meditation. You will appreciate the reason for meditating. Now let me explain what meditation is. Meditation is a type of concentration on one thing. The aim is to shut out any other thoughts, and concentrate on your sensation or a chosen object.



Now let me explain how meditation works. First of all, you need to pay attention to your posture. There are many philosophies on how your posture should be life. Some say you should sit with cross legs. Others say sit on a mat. Some say that you can meditate in any position. But my take is that the type of posture you take depends on the type of meditation you are doing. However, there is one particular thing you should always do when meditating. You spine should be straight. If you are seated let your back be straight. If lying down let your back be straight. Of course for most of my meditation I will be lying down, while facing up wards. My spine will be straight- the back erect.
Then the next question is when to meditate. You can meditate at any time. In the morning, during the day or in the evening. However, choose a definite time to meditate. You can meditate three times a day, but this is not a rule; that is what I do. I meditate the first thing in the morning before I get out of bed. I meditate during my lunch break at work, around half one in the afternoon. Then I also meditate around 20.00 hours.

There are many versions of meditation. I have tried so many. However, at times I alternate them. But the result is the same, no matter what type of meditation you do. All that you need to do is to do it in the right way.
Today I give you one method and I will add more methods in the future. Sit with your back straight or lie with your back straight. Now concentrate on your breathing. Ensure that you breathe from the stomach. Pull in the air, counting from one to ten. Make sure that your mouth is completely closed. Then breathe out through the mouth, counting one to ten. If you find ten counts to be many, then start from five. That should be comfortable for a beginner. Now focus on your breathing process. Feel how the air is getting in through the nose and how you feel your stomach rising up, filled up. Then focus again on how you release the air through your mouth. Trace how you slowly breathe out. Continue doing that for any length of time you choose. As you continue to breathe also focus on how you are feeling- the various sensations. You may feel throbs in your veins, particularly around your neck. For a newbie is best to start with about ten minutes of meditation in a day and increase as you go up.

Like I say, there are many types of meditation. However, I like the focus on breathing one, because it helps to increase the supply of air in your body. Look around in the future for more information on meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment